strangers in newtown

Here's sharing some of the photos I took on a walk around Newtown today with the aim of practising candid portraits. I find it difficult to focus when there is movement, hence some of the photos didn't turn out as sharp as I'd like. I need to be able to anticipate people's movements better instead of passively following them and end up half a beat late in capturing the moment. However, I am rather satisfied with the overall look and feel of the pictures here.


Window shopping



Boredom


Strung together


Indignance


Our lives in the mirror


Portrait artist


Twirl with me


Hula girls


In a mess of hoops

3 comments:

SK said...

Nice photos! With movement you can always adjust the shutter speed. :) It should be sharper. Remember fast shutter speed = less light so you may have to adjust ISO or aperture to compensate to get the correct exposure.

Sunshine23 said...

I duno much about photography angel.. but I think these photos look really nice.. u is getting pro!!

monkeycrab said...

SK: I had the idea but couldnt execute it! i figured out how to adjust the shutter speed while randomly experimenting but didnt manage to figure how to adjust ISO/aperture at the shutter speed i wanted so it just couldnt work. i need to seriously go study the instruction manual.

Angel: not pro yet la *blush*