from me to myself



I bought myself a little present for my upcoming 29th birthday (partly also to reward myself for the efforts I put into my work for the past few years). It's something I've been hankering after for the longest time. Dante would remember having numerous discussions with me on getting my first dSLR since 2006 but I always disappointed him by changing my mind... until now. Most would have noticed how much I love taking photos. There is so much I want to photograph but I often find myself constrained by the limitations of a compact digicam. They're great for carrying around everywhere everyday but there are times when I don't mind lugging around an elephant on photowalks to better capture the beauty surrounding us all. After much researching on the specs of various brands and models, rigorous budgeting and price comparisons and practically running around for entire days to various shops to hunt for the best deal (I even had to exercise a bit of my almost non existent bargaining skills), I finally got the Canon EOS 450D twin lens kit with the EF-S 18-55mm IS and EF-S 55-250mm IS lenses. Time to relax and indulge a bit more in this little hobby of mine.

3 comments:

Eliss said...

congratulations on your new baby!

Alex said...

Well done! Finally.

But but..why u never tell me first. alamak. i tell u what lens to buy to maximise your potential. ha. And i think u will outgrow these lens very very soon!

anyway..its the person behind the camera. not the camera la. haaaa..

POST SOME PICTURES!!!!!!!

SK said...

The 450D will be a great camera to get into and start playing around with modes.

Agree with Alex . . you'll be thinking of upgrading your lens once you get the hang of it. :) Hehe it can be a very costly hobby!