i hope my thoughts are appreciated

I never believed in hunting for gifts for a particular occasion because I mostly end up buying something for the sake of getting something due to the time constraints or limited purchase options. I much prefer getting something that's meaningful or useful to the recipient. If I see something that reminds me of someone I miss or something that I know will be appreciated by a dear someone, I'll get it regardless of whether there is an occasion for a gift. Several of you out there in various locations around the globe may have gotten something in the mail from me in the past months/years - see, I haven't forgotten about you. Those who have not received anything (yet), it's mostly because I have not come across anything special that I think you'll like. (I'm trying not to say it out loud that there's a possibility you could be on my hate list, but don't worry, you'll probably already have known if you are ;p)

So anyways, I was accompanying a colleague to the Post Office and randomly came across these cute children's books that instantly reminded me of little Ryan who loves anything related to aeroplanes, trains and buses:



Without any hesitation, I bought both the above books for him. I tried to find one on buses too without any luck.

Look at how cool the books are! There are simple short descriptions on the first plane ever invented, to propeller fighter planes, to jet planes, with the various parts of a plane labelled.



As I flipped through the colourfully illustrated book on trains, I discovered how ignorant I have been on the evolution of trains and the different parts of the train that make it work. I have to admit this isn't a very easy book to read at all, but it's meant to be for 3 year old kids?! Being the very smart boy that he is, I'm sure little Ryan would have everything in his head in no time at all.



Feedback from Daddy IT: Ryan likes his new books from Jiejie Jacqueline so much that he refuses to go anywhere without them!

So, do you also like the little gifts I got for you?

4 comments:

SK said...

It's definitely the thought behind the gift that makes it worthwhile! :)

o8ight said...

i like my x'mas present... i need more towels... TQ

heh

p/s: i tink the books are too easy peasy for Ryan Tan

Madam J said...

YES! I LIKE!

Edmond Wu said...

Mr. Lego man is attached to my thumb drive, and so is with me every where I go!