homing pigeon

This happened to me several times already. I'm driving, heading somewhere, usually for an appointment or work meeting, and my mind is drifting, usually thinking about work-related stuff, and the next minute, I'm almost home.

I have subconciously headed for HOME.

It happened again today. A colleague exclaimed "Just like a homing pigeon!" Homing Pigeon - a pigeon trained to return to its home. No matter what happens, it will head home. Unless it's shot down.

I guess almost all of us are homing pigeons, in one way or another. Some may only realize their 'homing nature' when going through sh*tty stuff. To some others, HOME is their recuperation grounds when they're emotionally spent. There's also some who yearn for HOME only on their deathbeds.

When you think it's the end of the world, and there's nowhere else to go, you'll realize that HOME will still welcome you with open arms.

No comments: