parking offences

This was an old post written on 4 September 2005 on my moblog. You can read the full original entry complete with comments here.

I received 2 parking tickets of $30 each in a single day for forgetting to buy my Season Parking. It was only a few days into the month (I was fined on 4 Aug). I've parked my car in this same car park for 3 bloody years and faithfully bought my Season Parking every single month! How can they be so mean as to issue me 2 tickets? On the same day some more! Ever since Chubb took over the parking attendants job for my area here, I've been getting these ridiculous parking tickets! *So Angry!!!*

I wrote to HDB for request of waiver of the fines and below is the reply:

We have looked into your appeal. In view of your explanation and the circumstances, we will exercise flexibility to waive the parking notices this time. However, we seek your co-operation to renew the season parking promptly prior to the expiry. You may wish to renew your season parking ticket through our GIRO scheme which is convenience and hassle free. A GIRO form is enclosed for your used.

1. My first reaction was relief of course! No need to pay the stupid $60!

2. Next reaction.....look at the parts I underlined. Grammar mistake!!! DUH!!! This is an official letter from HDB leh! Not casual writing in blog entries where I can use my Monkey language ok! Very malu for S'pore govt to send this kind of letters leh!!! DUH!!!

No comments: