so much reading to do!

I was extremely delighted to discover all the e-books available for download in various apps when I first got the iPhone such that I have been downloading all the free ones I come across, which are mostly classics. Although I have been looking forward to reading the complete Lyonesse Trilogy by Jack Vance which I purchased in December last year for a hefty 49.99AUD, I have not even progressed past the opening chapter in these three months due to the distraction by these free literature.

I currently have these on my e-book shelf:

- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen which I finished in 2 nights

- The Romance of Tristan and Iseult by Joseph Bedier: 57% read

- The complete Sherlock Holmes collection by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: 2.5 out of 8 volumes read.

- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: 13% read

- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy: I am embarking on the daunting task of reading this epic historical novel and God knows how long I will take to finish it, if ever I will.


And all these remaining ones which I have not even started:

- Five volumes of Grimm's Fairy Tales
- 11 issues of Archie Comics
- The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
- The Odyssey of Homer by Homer, translated by Alexander Pope
- Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

and more as I continue with the downloads...

No comments: