the 'square hat' event

Earlier this week, I was invited to a friend's graduation at the University of New South Wales. Although I've attended uncountable Cadet Pilot graduations in the course of my work, this was my first time attending a Uni graduation in Australia. I was mildly surprised that the convocation ceremony was scheduled in the evening, as in, by the time you have the scroll in your hands, there will be no more daylight for outdoor photoshoots with friends and family.

Oh well, we went ahead anyway to take lots of photos with the proud graduand without his scroll in the hour before the ceremony. It was an overcast afternoon with a few spread out showers but we did manage to get some reasonably decent pics.


Left: With the graduand. I've seen him graduate first from our pilot school in 2008 and now from Uni. I wonder if I'll get to attend a third graduation of his in the future.
Right: We were the only invitees from work. The honour! I reckon I look better in that hat than the one graduating.



Lastly a group pic. Funny faces instead of the usual serious poses.

Sigh. I feel old among these kiddies.

No comments: