schmap

Back in early October, I received messages in my Flickr Mail informing me that 3 of my photos have been shortlisted for inclusion in the ninth edition of the Schmap Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra Guides. While they did not offer me any payment in the event that my photos get published, I was happy for my humble photos to be submitted for consideration by their selection panel.

Having forgotten about this very soon afterwards, I was surprised to receive confirmation that 2 out of the 3 shortlisted photos have been selected for inclusion in the Sydney and Melbourne guides.



You may click on the below links to have a look at where my pics are published:
Coogee Beach photo in the Schmap Sydney Guide
Brighton Beach photo in the Schmap Melbourne Guide

Although happy with the inclusion of my photos in a publication, I was quite disappointed with their choice of photos. These 2 pics are not my best pics. In fact, both the photos were taken on dark cloudy days, which explains the gloomy grey feel in both.

I have tonnes of better photos so I wonder why these 2? Oh well. Whatever. Beauty is subjective.

6 comments:

flyaway said...

congrats! and i'm proud of you too. *pat-pat*

Alex said...

Well done Crabby!

The Likkle Girl Who Wurves Pwetty Things said...

You go, girl! x

Madam J said...

WOW!!!!! JACKO!!!!! VERY GOOOD!!!!!

I hope this will inspire to take more photos.

Xuan-er said...

nice....

monkeycrab said...

thanks all. i am hugely embarrassed by your comments because really, those photos aren't great... :S but thanks anyway. and yes, i feel rather encouraged to take better pics.