another surprise today

I was totally engrossed in rushing out a report for my Joburg trip that when I heard singing voices behind me, I didn't realise until a few seconds later, that the girls were singing the birthday song and marching towards me (and Candice) with a birthday cake and flowers.

It says on the cake, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS". Mine was 2 days ago and Candice's is tomorrow.




This is a puffy faced me holding my big-ass card and glittery bouquet of flowers.




Candice's bouquet has a butterfly on it!




A photo with the prim and proper boys:




And one with the cheeky girls:




It was a sweet sweet surprise for the still-jetlagged-and-couldn't-focus-much-at-work me.

A report on the loot:

1. I collected my first parcel from the post office today and it was something from flyaway! A cool cap (she says I look good in caps), a card and a 护身符 from the 四马路观音庙. I think the 护身符 is a very heartwarming gift cos it reminds me of my mum - keep Jac safe at all times.

2. Deathnote part 3 DVD from 3 funky work mates! It was on my wishlist and was only released in Sydney a week ago.

More to come more to come!!!

No comments: