三国杀



I was recently invited to a Chinese colleague's apartment for dinner and a game of the latest craze in China - 三国杀 - a strategy card game based on the Three Kingdom era in Chinese history - a time of heroes, warriors, strategists and legends. It was so much fun that we would have carried on playing through the night if not for the fact that I was feeling rather sick.

The only negative aspect of the game was that you really need to be able to read the chinese words on the cards to understand each card's function and to follow the game. For people like me who have not been using the language much in their daily lives, especially in the written form, you will probably find that the game goes much much slower due to the time you need to put in to try and read and understand the instructions on each card.

This session reminded me of a time when Fav Tudi, Bamboohorse, Lambchop, a few other boys and I were obssessed with the Munchkin card game. I wonder if we can organise a session on my next trip back?

No comments: