sculpture by the sea

"Sydney's 12th annual Sculpture by the Sea will transform the spectacular cliff top 2km Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk from 16 October - 2 November with over 100 sculptures from around the world."

Seeing how sunny it was this morning, I decided to head down to Bronte (Tamarama Beach) to take a look at the sculptures and get a bit of tan. I didn't manage to complete the coastal walk as it was too hot but I did take a short nap on the beach while sunbathing.



Just check out how crowded it was on the beach. Bondi was like 200x worse.



It's spring spring spring! Flowers are blooming everywhere! I love these little yellow flowers.





I saw a hat shop next to the Tamarama Beach Cafe and got distracted. I tried on a few hats and thought them quite cute.









Here are some of the sculptures I saw before I gave up walking and settled down on the beach for a nap instead.







I found the last scultpure of the man above quite scary. I also couldn't resist the urge to try to kiss its nipple but this is the closest I could get to it.



If the weather is good on Sunday as well, I don't mind heading back to have a look at the remaining sculptures and complete the coastal walk. The event is on until 2 Nov and is free admission so if you haven't been there yet, this could be something you can do on a warm sunny weekend. Ahh... the beach bumming days are back and I am loving the sun.

3 comments:

Eileen Chong said...

Great post, I hope you bought that hat, you look amazing in it, and it's so very necessary for us here in the scorching Sydney summer.

monkeycrab said...

i love both the hats but no i didn't get any cos they were overpriced. i may go find something similar but cheaper elsewhere. do u know any place that sells cute hats?

Alex said...

eh, the pic of you trying to kiss the nipple shots hor.... waaah.. chio leh. I mean the gal. Look hot! The sunglass also siu wor. The dress also, good!
wow...*wolf whistle*...